Abilene in Dickinson County, Kansas — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
T.C. Henry Carriage House
This barn was constructed in 1873 by T.C. Henry, the first Mayor of Abilene. The structure was moved to this site in 1961. It was donated to Old Abilene Town by Mr. and Mrs. Charles D. Cruse.
Erected by Old Abilene Town.
Location. 38° 54.642′ N, 97° 12.639′ W. Marker is in Abilene, Kansas, in Dickinson County. Marker is on SE 5th Street east of Buckeye Avenue (Kansas Highway 15), on the right when traveling east. Click for map. Marker is in Old Abilene Town. Marker is at or near this postal address: 100 SE 5th Street, Abilene KS 67410, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Historic Abilene (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Rock Island Depot (about 500 feet away); Dwight David Eisenhower (about 500 feet away); Eisenhower Memorial (about 600 feet away); Honor Roll of Dickinson County Servicemen (about 600 feet away); Abilene Parker Carousel (about 700 feet away); The Old Chisholm Trail (approx. 0.4 miles away); D. G. Smith Building (approx. 0.4 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Abilene.
Also see . . . Old Abilene Town on Facebook. (Submitted on April 27, 2013, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 225 times since then and 13 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.