Greenville in Pitt County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Baptist State Convention
North Carolina Baptist
State Convention was
organized at the Gorham
home which was near here.
Erected 1971 by Archives and Highway Departments. (Marker Number F-46.)
Location. 35° 36.774′ N, 77° 22.493′ W. Marker is in Greenville, North Carolina, in Pitt County. Marker is on South Green Street (State Road 1531) near West 4th Street, on the left when traveling north. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Greenville NC 27834, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Thomas J. Jarvis (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); a different marker also named Thomas J. Jarvis (approx. 0.2 miles away); Greenville (approx. 0.4 miles away); Plank Road (approx. 1.2 miles away); Red Banks Church (approx. 3.4 miles away); Voice Of America (approx. 5.5 miles away); Sallie S. Cotten (approx. 7.5 miles away); Haddocks Crossroads (approx. 8.4 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Greenville.
Regarding Baptist State Convention. The Baptist State Convention of North Carolina was founded on March 26, 1830, at the Greenville home of A.
Today the Baptist State Convention offers an outlet for cooperative missionary work as well as guidance to church leaders and administrative staff. Resources include instruction and guidelines for general operations and advice for the churches quests “to develop and sustain relevant ministries for the 21st century.” The state convention assists groups in forming new Baptist congregations in the state, as well. The Baptist State Convention operates educational facilities, children’s homes, retirement homes, and a credit union, among
Categories. • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 194 times since then and 39 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.