Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Sewickley in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Old Sewickley Post Office

 

—Historic Landmark —

 
Old Sewickley Post Office Marker image. Click for full size.
By Mike Wintermantel, May 18, 2013
1. Old Sewickley Post Office Marker
Inscription.
Old Sewickley Post Office
1910
James Knox Taylor, U.S. Treasury supervising architect

 
Erected by Pittsburgh History and Landmarks Foundation.
 
Location. 40° 32.215′ N, 80° 11.045′ W. Marker is in Sewickley, Pennsylvania, in Allegheny County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Broad Street and Bank Street, on the right when traveling north. Click for map. Now the Sweetwater Center for the Arts. Marker is in this post office area: Sewickley PA 15143, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Capt. Frederick Way, Jr. (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Atwell-Christy House (about 700 feet away); Sewickley Public Library (approx. 0.2 miles away); Saint Matthews African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church (approx. ¼ mile away); Depreciation Lands Survey (approx. ¼ mile away); Flatiron Building (approx. 0.3 miles away); The Presbyterian Church (approx. 0.4 miles away); The Pittsburgh, Fort Wayne and Chicago Station (approx. half a mile away). Click for a list of all markers in Sewickley.
 
Also see . . .  Sweetwater Center for the Arts. (Submitted on May 18, 2013, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.)
Old Sewickley Post Office Marker image. Click for full size.
By Mike Wintermantel, May 18, 2013
2. Old Sewickley Post Office Marker

 
Categories. Notable Buildings
 
Old Post Office Building plaque image. Click for full size.
By Mike Wintermantel, May 18, 2013
3. Old Post Office Building plaque
200 Broad Street
Sewickley, Pennsylvania
"Dedicated to the preservation of the past and the enrichment of the future"
This building was constructed in 1910 by the United States Postal Service and uses as a United States Post Office until 1978. The Old Sewickley Post Office Corporation purchased the building in 1983 and subsequently renovated the building. The Old Post Office Building was dedicated to the community in 1988 as an educational and cultural center for history and art.
 
 
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 346 times since then and 2 times this year. Last updated on , by Keith S Smith of West Chester, Pennsylvania. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement