Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Hardy in Sharp County, Arkansas — The American South (West South Central)
 

Sharp County Court House No 2

 
 
Sharp County Court House No 2 Marker image. Click for full size.
By Judy King, September 2, 2012
1. Sharp County Court House No 2 Marker
Inscription. The first court house in Sharp County was erected at Evening Shade in 1868. About 1890 another court house was built at Hardy in the northern end of the county and since then the county has maintained two seats of justice.
 
Erected 1936 by Arkansas History Comm., Arkansas Centennial Comm. (Marker Number F 1 No. 2.)
 
Location. 36° 18.928′ N, 91° 28.834′ W. Marker is in Hardy, Arkansas, in Sharp County. Marker is on E Main Street (Arkansas Route 63). Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 213 E Main Street, Hardy AR 72542, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 1 other marker is within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Battles of Martin Creek and Morgan's Mill (approx. 7.8 miles away).
 
Categories. Government
 
Sharp County Court House No 2 Marker image. Click for full size.
By Judy King, September 2, 2013
2. Sharp County Court House No 2 Marker
 
 
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Judy King of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 391 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on , by Judy King of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement