Meade in Meade County, Kansas — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
Incorporated in 1885
The original Meade County Courthouse was built in 1888. Although the building was replaced in 1928, this old stone step and "1888" year carved in stone still mark where it stood.
Erected by Alva Monument Company.
Location. 37° 17.21′ N, 100° 20.39′ W. Marker is in Meade, Kansas, in Meade County. Marker is on Fowler Street (Kansas Route 23) north of Belle Meade Street, on the right when traveling north. Click for map. Marker is on the county courthouse grounds. Marker is at or near this postal address: 200 North Fowler Street, Meade KS 67864, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Pioneer Arena Club Women and Pioneer Settlers (a few steps from this marker); Veterans and War Memorials (within shouting distance of this marker); Jones & Plummer Trail (approx. 0.7 miles away); Hoodoo Brown's Road Ranch (approx. 0.7 miles away); Graceland Cemetery (approx. 1.1 miles away); Veterans Memorial (approx. 1.2 miles away); Grace Brown (approx. 1.2 miles away); The Lone Tree Incident (approx. 1.5 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Meade.
Also see . . .
1. Meade County, Kansas, Official Website. (Submitted on May 26, 2013, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
2. Meade County, Kansas. (Submitted on May 26, 2013, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Charity & Public Work • Man-Made Features • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 268 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.