Montross in Westmoreland County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Old Westmoreland Courthouse
Erected 1929 by the Conservation & Development Commission. (Marker Number J-71.)
Location. 38° 5.716′ N, 76° 49.686′ W. Marker is in Montross, Virginia, in Westmoreland County. Marker is on King’s Highway (Virginia Route 3), on the right when traveling west. Click for map. It is directly in front of the Westmoreland County Courthouse. Marker is in this post office area: Montross VA 22520, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Vietnam War Memorial (a few steps from this marker); Westmoreland County Confederate Monument (a few steps from this marker); Private Tate, Buffalo Soldier (approx. 2.6 miles away); Armstead Tasker Johnson School (approx. 2.8 miles away); Nomini Baptist Church Nomini Baptist Meetinghouse (approx. 3.5 miles away); To Keep in Perpetual Remembrance the Name of Thomas Lee (approx. 3.7 miles away); Stratford Hall (approx. 3.7 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Montross.
Also see . . . Richard Henry Lee (1732–1794). (Submitted on March 26, 2008.)
Additional keywords. Westmoreland Court House
Categories. • Colonial Era • Notable Events • Notable Persons • Patriots & Patriotism • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Harley C. Muse of George Washington's Birthplace, Colonial Beach, Virginia. This page has been viewed 1,266 times since then and 76 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on , by Harley C. Muse of George Washington's Birthplace, Colonial Beach, Virginia. 2. submitted on , by J. J. Prats of Springfield, Virginia. 3. submitted on , by J. J. Prats of Springfield, Virginia. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Photos of the courthouse today • Photos of Lee’s “Westminster Resolutions” historical tablet in the courthouse • Photos of Lee’s aid to Boston historical tablet in the courthouse • Can you help?