Churchton in Anne Arundel County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Site of First Quaker Regional Gathering
First Quaker Regional Gathering
By George Fox in 1672
Ann of Arundell Chapter, MD.
National Society of Colonial
Dames XVII Century
Erected 1999 by National Society of Colonial Dames XVII Century.
Location. 38° 50.962′ N, 76° 33.389′ W. Marker is in Churchton, Maryland, in Anne Arundel County. Marker can be reached from Galesville Road. Click for map. The marker is in the southeast corner of the Old Quaker Burying Ground along Galesville Road just east of Muddy Creek Road. Marker is in this post office area: Churchton MD 20733, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Old Quaker Burying Ground (within shouting distance of this marker); Overlooking West River (within shouting distance of this marker); William Penn (approx. 0.8 miles away); Carrie Weedon House (approx. 0.9 miles away); Welcome to Galesville (approx. 0.9 miles away); Where Land Meets Water (approx. 0.9 miles away); Native Plants (approx. 0.9 miles away); Valuable Wetlands (approx. 0.9 miles away).
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches, Etc. • Colonial Era •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. This page has been viewed 297 times since then and 95 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on , by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.