Buffalo in Erie County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
The Site of the First Court Houses of Niagara and Erie County
Niagara County formed from Genesee County March 11, 1888 and Erie County from Niagara County April 2, 1821 - Buffalo being the first seat of Niagara County and Erie County.
Erected 1905 by Niagara Frontier Landmark Association.
Location. 42° 53.121′ N, 78° 52.393′ W. Marker is in Buffalo, New York, in Erie County. Marker is at the intersection of Clinton Street and Washington Street, on the left when traveling east on Clinton Street. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Buffalo NY 14203, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Site of the First Meeting of the Optimist Club (within shouting distance of this marker); Soldiers & Sailors Monument (within shouting distance of this marker); Ellicott Square (approx. 0.2 miles away); First Unitarian Congregational Society Building (approx. 0.2 miles away); First Greek Settlers of Buffalo (approx. 0.2 miles away); General Kazimierz Pulaski The City of Buffalo Sent 18893 Men to Serve in the Great War (approx. 0.2 miles away); Saint Paul's Episcopal Church (approx. 0.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Buffalo.
Categories. • Politics • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Yugoboy of Rochester, New York. This page has been viewed 240 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Yugoboy of Rochester, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.