Pittsburgh in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
“The Bell Speaks”
Here is one of the few exact replicas. It was cast in 1974 by the same foundry that cast the original bell in 1751. It is mounted exactly as the original was mounted in the tower of the state house in Philadelphia in 1753.
A gift to Pennsylvania in trust with Allegheny Trails Council, Boy Scouts of America, by Mrs. Chester H. Lehman, patriot 1889-1977
Dedicated July 4, 1978
Location. 40° 26.588′ N, 79° 59.45′ W. Marker is in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, in Allegheny County Click for map. Located on the grounds of Flag Plaza Boy Scouts of America Center. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1275 Bedford Avenue, Pittsburgh PA 15219, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Pennsylvania Canal (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Empty Pocket Pays (approx. 0.2 miles away); Union Local 471 American Federation of Musicians (approx. 0.2 miles away); Le Magnifique (approx. 0.2 miles away); Kier Refinery (approx. 0.2 miles away); Epiphany Roman Catholic Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Refining Crude Oil (approx. 0.2 miles away); Gulf Building (approx. ¼ mile away). Click for a list of all markers in Pittsburgh.
Additional keywords. Notable Symbols
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 365 times since then and 51 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.