Havertown in Delaware County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Old Haverford Friends Meeting
—William Penn worshiped here in 1699 —
This site has been a center for Friends’ activities since 1684. The older section of the current structure, since remodeled, was built in 1700 as an addition to the original log meetinghouse where William Penn worshiped in the eleventh month 1699.
Erected by Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission.
Location. 39° 59.448′ N, 75° 18.297′ W. Marker is in Havertown, Pennsylvania, in Delaware County. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 235 East Eagle Road, Havertown PA 19083, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Joushua Humphrey (approx. 0.4 miles away); The Baldwin School (approx. 2.3 miles away); Bryn Mawr Summer School for Women Workers in Industry (approx. 2.3 miles away); Abraham L. Pennock (approx. 2.6 miles away); Woodrow Wilson (approx. 2.6 miles away); Collen Brook Farm (approx. 2.9 miles away); Dr. George Smith (approx. 2.9 miles away); Washington's Army Encampment (approx. 2.9 miles away).
Also see . . . Old Haverford Meeting - Official Website. (Submitted on July 11, 2013, by Keith S Smith of West Chester, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Churches, Etc. • Colonial Era • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Keith S Smith of West Chester, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 282 times since then and 21 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on , by Keith S Smith of West Chester, Pennsylvania. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.