Apopka in Orange County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
Dr. Howard A. Kelly Park
Dr. Kelly, in 1927 donated to Orange County for public use this 200 acre tropical scenic park from whose natural springs flow 26000 gallons of water per minute.
Erected 1959 by The Rotary Club of Apopka, Florida.
Location. 28° 45.358′ N, 81° 29.986′ W. Marker is in Apopka, Florida, in Orange County. Marker can be reached from East Kelly Park Road. Click for map. Marker is on a footpath, downhill from the concession area towards the main swimming area. Marker is at or near this postal address: 400 East Kelly Park Road, Apopka FL 32712, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. A different marker also named Dr. Howard A. Kelly Park (approx. 0.3 miles away); Oldest Masonic Lodge Building in Continuous Use in Florida (approx. 5.7 miles away); Forest City (approx. 7 miles away); Community of Piedmont (approx. 7.4 miles away); Seminole County (approx. 7.9 miles away); a different marker also named Seminole County (approx. 8 miles away); William Bartram Trail (approx. 8 miles away); Orange Belt Railway (approx. 8 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Apopka.
Related marker. Click here for another marker that is related to this marker. Liriodendron, summer home of Dr. Kelly
Also see . . . Howard A. Kelly Biography. (Submitted on July 21, 2013, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.)
Categories. • Charity & Public Work • Natural Features •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Jamie Cox of Melbourne, Florida. This page has been viewed 408 times since then and 8 times this year. Photo 1. submitted on , by Jamie Cox of Melbourne, Florida. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.