Hamilton in Caldwell County, Missouri — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
Founded in 1855 and named for Alexander Hamilton and Joseph Hamilton. First incorporated in 1868. Ten miles southwest the Mormons in 1836 established the town of Far West, the county seat from 1836 to 1843.
Erected by the State Historical Society of Missouri.
Location. 39° 44.459′ N, 93° 59.898′ W. Marker is in Hamilton, Missouri, in Caldwell County. Marker is on Davis Street (Missouri Route 13) south of School Street, on the right when traveling south. Click for map. Marker is on the City Hall/Fire Department grounds. Marker is at or near this postal address: 200 South Davis Street, Hamilton MO 64644, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 13 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Boyhood Home of J. C. Penney (approx. 0.2 miles away); "Richey" and Harden Stone Millstones (approx. 0.2 miles away); Welcome to Hamilton (approx. 0.2 miles away); Haun's Mill (approx. 9.8 miles away); Haun's Millstone Commemorative Marker (approx. 10.4 miles away); Site of the 1869 James Gang Bank Robbery (approx. 12.1 miles away); Gallatin (approx. 12.2 miles away); Site of the 1883 Trial of Frank James (approx. 12.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Hamilton.
Also see . . .
1. Our Communities: Hamilton, Missouri. (Submitted on July 24, 2013, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
2. Hamilton, Missouri at Wikipedia. (Submitted on July 24, 2013, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 373 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.