St. Marks in Wakulla County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
Fort St. Marks Military Cemetery
The deaths of these soldiers were described in company records as being due to “consumption, dysentery, etc.” The original military burial ground was located about 1200 feet east of this point.
Location. 30° 9.128′ N, 84° 12.642′ W. Marker is in St. Marks, Florida, in Wakulla County. Marker can be reached from Old Fort Road ¼ mile south of Old Fort Drive. Click for map. From the parking lot entrance to the park, the cemetery lies about 50 yards ahead and to the right. Marker is at or near this postal address: 148 Old Fort Road, Saint Marks FL 32355, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 5 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. San Marcos De Apalache (within shouting distance of this marker); a different marker also named San Marcos De Apalache (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Port Leon St. Marks Lighthouse (approx. 5.7 miles away); Battle of Natural Bridge (approx. 9.8 miles away).
Also see . . .
1. San Marcos de Apalache Cemetery. A Rootsweb page listing the names of the soldiers interred at the cemetery. (Submitted on July 29, 2013, by Jamie Abel of Westerville, Ohio.)
2. San Marcos de Apalache, St. Marks, Wakulla County, Florida. Text of the tombstone information in the cemetery. (Submitted on August 6, 2013, by Jamie Abel of Westerville, Ohio.)
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Forts, Castles •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Jamie Abel of Westerville, Ohio. This page has been viewed 328 times since then and 88 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Jamie Abel of Westerville, Ohio. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.