Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Lucerne in Lucerne (District), Switzerland
 

Bakers Guildhall

Zunfthaus zu Pfistern

 
 
Zunfthaus zu Pfistern Marker image. Click for full size.
By Barry Swackhamer, June 29, 2013
1. Zunfthaus zu Pfistern Marker
Inscription.
1408 erwarb die Pfisterngesellschaft die Liegenschaft, in deren Haus sie, seit 1421 nachweisbar, ihre Pfisterstube einrichtete.

Das heutige Haus, erbaut 1573 – 1578, diente bis 1874 als gesellschaftshaus der Pfister. Die Zunft bestand aus Bäckern und Müllern, denen sich 1595 die Schiffleute des Pfisternauen anschlossen.

1875 löste sich die Zunft auf.

1910 wurden das Haus um ein Stockwerk erhöht. Im Innern vollständig umgebaut und als Gasthaus eingerichtet.

Die Fassadenbemalung gegenüber dem Rathaus entstand 1894 unter der Leitung von Seraphin Weingartner und zeigt die Wappen der Stubengesellen von 1408. Bemalung auf der Reussseite von 1910 und 1978.

Unter Denkmalschutz seit 1978
Umfassende Restaurierung 1978.

German-English translation:

Bakers Guildhall

In 1408 the bakers guild obtained ownership of this property, on which has stood, at least since 1421, their house with its guild hall.

The present house, built 1573-1578, served until 1874 as a social house for the guild. The guild consisted of bakers and millers, and from 1595 also included the boat crews which shipped their goods.

In 1875 the guild was disbanded.

In 1910 the house was raised by one floor, completely remodeled inside,
Zunfthaus zu Pfistern Marker image. Click for full size.
By Barry Swackhamer, June 29, 2013
2. Zunfthaus zu Pfistern Marker
The marker is located above the yellow chairs.
and set up as a guest house.

The facade, opposite the city hall, was painted in 1894 under the direction of Seraphin Weingartner and shows the coat of arms of the guild from 1408. The facade on the Reuss river side of the building were painted in 1910 and 1978.

A listed monument since 1978
Comprehensively restored in 1978.
 
Erected by Stadt der Luzern (City of Lucerne).
 
Location. 47° 3.105′ N, 8° 18.356′ E. Marker is in Lucerne, Lucerne, in Lucerne (District). Marker is at the intersection of Kornmarkt and Unter der Egg, on the right when traveling south on Kornmarkt. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: Kornmarkt 4, Lucerne 6004, Switzerland.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Grain Market (within shouting distance of this marker); "Fire Alley" (within shouting distance of this marker); "By the Storks" (within shouting distance of this marker); Balthasar House (within shouting distance of this marker); Butchers’ Arch (within shouting distance of this marker); "At the White Cross" Inn (within shouting distance of this marker); Von Laufenhaus (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line); Fishermens Point (about 90 meters away). Click for a list of all markers in Lucerne.
 
Categories. Industry & CommerceLabor Unions
 
Zunfthaus zu Pfistern Marker image. Click for full size.
By Barry Swackhamer, June 29, 2013
3. Zunfthaus zu Pfistern Marker
Marker on the right. Rathaussteg bridge over the Reuss River in the background.
Bakers Guildhall image. Click for full size.
By Barry Swackhamer, June 29, 2013
4. Bakers Guildhall
Zunfthaus zu Pfistern (Bakers Guildhall) image. Click for full size.
By Barry Swackhamer, July 2, 2013
5. Zunfthaus zu Pfistern (Bakers Guildhall)
 
 
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 424 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on , by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement