“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
New Port Richey in Pasco County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)

Seven Springs

Seven Springs Marker image. Click for full size.
By Tim Fillmon, April 21, 2013
1. Seven Springs Marker
Inscription. Early residents of this area were Samuel H. Stevenson and his wife, Elizabeth, who believed in the therapeutic benefits of the mineral springs now known as Seven Springs. It became somewhat of a health resort after Stevenson created a pool by installing a well pipe and diverting water from a spring. The pool overflowed into the Anclote River, where a small bath house was built for guests and mineral water was given to anyone who wanted it. An old iron bridge with wood decking was nearby. A truck carrying molasses once fell through it.

The Seven Springs School, which was built on land owned by T.J. Witt, served local families from about 1913 to 1925. His widow later made the school into her residence and her son and daughter-in-law, Ed and Wille Maude Frierson, later lived in the building as well. Mrs. Frierson operated a small dairy after World War II. When the property was sold for development, the school building was moved in 1981 to Sims Park in New Port Richey and became the West Pasco Historical Museum.

This former pioneer settlement and early resort area is part of what is now Seven Springs Golf and Country Club and the Trinity Community.
Erected 2008 by The Pasco County Board of County Commissioners and The Pasco County Historical Preservation Committee.
Location. 28° 12.7′ N, 82° 39.949′ W. Marker is in New Port Richey, Florida, in Pasco County. Marker is at the intersection of Golfview Drive and Little Road, in the median on Golfview Drive. Click for map. Located at entrance to gated community of Seven Springs. Marker is in this post office area: New Port Richey FL 34655, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Elfers (approx. 3.3 miles away); The Baker House (approx. 3.3 miles away); Old Elfers School (approx. 3.3 miles away); Mc Neil Homestead 1882 (approx. 3.4 miles away); Sims Park (approx. 4.4 miles away); Our Lady Queen of Peace Catholic Church (approx. 4.4 miles away); West Elfers Cemetery (approx. 4.5 miles away); Pine Hill Cemetery (approx. 5.1 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in New Port Richey.
Categories. Settlements & Settlers
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida. This page has been viewed 268 times since then and 70 times this year. Photo   1. submitted on , by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Wide shot of marker and its surroundings. • Can you help?
Paid Advertisement