Lucerne in Lucerne (District), Switzerland
Neugotische Platzfront mit Neurenaissance-Malereien von Louis Weingartner und Albert Benz, 1891.
Unter dem Erker Renaissance kapitell um 1520.
Unter Denkmalschutz seit 1981.
Restauriert 1978 – 1979.
Built in 1557 after the demolition of two houses on the same site. In 1887-1888 the building incorporated the neighboring house to the south.
The neo-Gothic front is decorated with neo-Renaissance paintings by Louis Weingartner and Albert Benz, 1891.
Under the bay window is a Renaissance column from 1520.
A listed monument since 1981.
Restored from 1978 to 1979.
Erected by Stadt der Luzern (City of Lucerne).
Location. 47° 3.137′ N, 8° 18.311′ E. Marker is in Lucerne, Lucerne, in Lucerne (District). Marker is at the intersection of Hirschenplatz and Weinmarkt, on the right when traveling south on Hirschenplatz. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: Hirschenplatz 10, Lucerne 6004, Switzerland.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. "The Little House" (a few "Deer Square" (a few steps from this marker); "By the Storks" (within shouting distance of this marker); Butchers’ Arch (within shouting distance of this marker); The "Donkey Stall" Schoolhouse (within shouting distance of this marker); "Fire Alley" (within shouting distance of this marker); "Sweet Spot" (within shouting distance of this marker); Johann Baptist Marzohl (within shouting distance of this marker). Click for a list of all markers in Lucerne.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 382 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.