Stanford in Lincoln County, Kentucky — The American South (East South Central)
Erected 1966 by Kentucky Historical Society-Kentucky Department of Highways. (Marker Number 955.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Kentucky Historical Society marker series.
Location. 37° 27.35′ N, 84° 38.1′ W. Marker is in Stanford, Kentucky, in Lincoln County. Marker is at the intersection of U.S. 27 and Kentucky Route 643, on the right when traveling north on U.S. 27. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Stanford KY 40484, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. County Named, 1780 (approx. 5.3 miles away); Wilderness Road - Loganís Station (approx. 5.3 miles away); Earliest Church (approx. 5.3 miles away); Logan's Station or St. Asaph (approx. McKinney's Fort (approx. 6.9 miles away); PFC William B. Baugh, USMC / Medal of Honor Winner (approx. 6.9 miles away); Crash of the B-58 "Hustler" (approx. 7.7 miles away); Pleasant Retreat (approx. 11 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Stanford.
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. This page has been viewed 200 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. • Al Wolf was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.