Warren in Macomb County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Norman J. Halmich Park
The largest portion of what is now Halmich Park was a cattle farm owned by the Charles Halmich family. The property was sold to the Township of Warren in 1956 to become a city park instead of the airport proposed by the City of Detroit.
The largest city park in Warren was named for Norman J. Halmich, an active member of the community, serving as Postmaster, Village President, storekeeper and the first commercial sod farmer. As a member of the St. Anne's Parish, Mr. Halmich donated 10 acres of his property on Mound Rd. in 1945 for the future Parish.
Erected by Warren Historical Commission.
Location. 42° 31.32′ N, 83° 4.56′ W. Marker is in Warren, Michigan, in Macomb County. Marker can be reached from 13 Mile Road. Click for map. The marker is in the park off the road between 13 Mile Road and Chicago Road and can be seen on the right side when traveling north. Marker is at or near this postal address: 3001 13 Mile Road, Warren MI 48092, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Detroit Memorial Park Cemetery (approx. 0.6 miles away); Gillett - Beer Farm (approx. 0.6 miles away); Warren Union Cemetery (approx. 0.8 miles away); First Baptist Church of Warren (approx. 1.4 miles away); The Joiner House 1895 (approx. 1.4 miles away); The Wilson-Bosh Home (approx. 1.4 miles away); Warren Village Hall (approx. 1.5 miles away); General Motors Technical Center (approx. 1.7 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Warren.
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. This page has been viewed 401 times since then and 28 times this year. Last updated on , by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. • Al Wolf was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.