Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Allouez in Brown County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

First Episcopal Mission in Wisconsin

 
 
First Episcopal Mission in Wisconsin Marker image. Click for full size.
By Devon Polzar, circa June 2013
1. First Episcopal Mission in Wisconsin Marker
Inscription. Near this site stood the first Episcopal Mission in Wisconsin Founded in 1827 by the Reverend Richard Fish-Cadle Later first director of Nashotah House
 
Erected 1929.
 
Location. 44° 28.729′ N, 88° 1.683′ W. Marker is in Allouez, Wisconsin, in Brown County. Marker is on W. Mission Road west of South Webster Avenue, on the left when traveling west. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Green Bay WI 54301, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. First Redemptorist Church in America (approx. 0.4 miles away); Heritage Hill State Park (approx. 0.4 miles away); Shantytown (approx. 0.4 miles away); Menomineeville, Seat of Justice (approx. 0.6 miles away); The Catholic Bark Chapel (approx. 0.6 miles away); The Port & the Environment (approx. 0.9 miles away); Minahan's Tomb (approx. one mile away but has been reported missing); Hazelwood (approx. 1.6 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Allouez.
 
Categories. Churches, Etc.Native Americans
 
First Episcopal Mission in Wisconsin Marker image. Click for full size.
By Devon Polzar, June 1, 2013
2. First Episcopal Mission in Wisconsin Marker
 
 
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Devon Polzar of Port Washington, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 387 times since then and 9 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on , by Devon Polzar of Port Washington, Wisconsin. • Al Wolf was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement