Innsbruck, Tyrol, Austria
The Pecking- or Women’s Gate
Das Picken- oder Frauentor
Errichtet um 1340 – Abgetragen 1779
Der Stadt Innsbruck gewidmet vom Innsbrucker Verschönerungsverein
Built in 1340 – Demolished in 1779
Dedicated to the City of Innsbruck by the Innsbruck Beautification Society
Erected by Innsbrucker-Verschönerungsverein (Innsbruck Beautification Society).
Location. 47° 16.059′ N, 11° 23.504′ E. Marker is in Innsbruck, Tyrol. Marker is at the intersection of Seilergasse and Schlossergasse, on the right when traveling west on Seilergasse. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: Seilergasse 16, Innsbruck, Tyrol 6020, Austria.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Old Town Armory/Barracks (within shouting distance of this marker); Gumpp House (within shouting distance of this marker); "Ottoburg" Castle (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line); Kolb Tower (about 90 meters away); "Golden Eagle" (about 90 meters away); Goethe Stayed Here The Speech (about 120 meters away); Old Government Building (about 120 meters away). Click for a list of all markers in Innsbruck.
Categories. • Forts, Castles •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 405 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.