Liberty in Clay County, Missouri — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
Grand River Baptist Church
Organized December 14, 1833
the church December, 1963,
in memory of
Mr. Hadley Brown (1887-1962),
who helped to construct
this building in 1918.
Location. 39° 14.912′ N, 94° 24.781′ W. Marker is in Liberty, Missouri, in Clay County. Marker is on Mississippi Street east of Jewell Street, on the left when traveling east. Click for map. Chapel and marker are on the William Jewell College campus. Marker is in this post office area: Liberty MO 64068, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Trenches On The Hill (a few steps from this marker); Mass Grave Site (a few steps from this marker); Civil War Memorial (a few steps from this marker); "The Old Graveyard" "Mt. Memorial Cemetery" (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Goldman-Duckworth House (approx. ¼ mile away); Frank Hughes Memorial Library (approx. 0.3 miles away); Methodist Episcopal Church Founded 1822 (approx. 0.3 miles away); Lightburne Hall (approx. 0.3 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Liberty.
Also see . . .
1. Grand River Chapel. (Submitted on August 31, 2013, by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas.)
2. Grand River Baptist Church (Submitted on August 31, 2013, by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas.)
Categories. • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. This page has been viewed 283 times since then and 66 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.