Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Innsbruck, Tyrol, Austria
 

First Office Building of the Tyrolean Provincial Assembly

Erstes Amtshaus der Tiroler Landstände (Landhaus)

 
 
First Official Home of the Tyrolean Estates (Country) Marker image. Click for full size.
By Barry Swackhamer, July 14, 2013
1. First Official Home of the Tyrolean Estates (Country) Marker
Inscription.
Erstes Amtshaus der Tiroler Landstände (Landhaus)
Wohl aus zwei Bürgerhäusern zusammen=gewachsen, trug diese Haus um 1536 die Bezeichnung “Zum guldenen Engl” und wurde 1613 von der “Tiroler Landschaft” als ihr erstes Amtsgebäude angekauft. Dies wurde notwendig, weil Innsbruck-seit 1420 Residenz der Tiroler Landesfürsten-nach und nach auch zum exklusiven Tagungsort des Tiroler Landtages bzw. der Tiroler Landschaft und ihrer Stände geworden ist. Schon bald als zu eng empfunden, wurde dieses Haus in der Altstadt 1666 gegen eines in der oberen Neustadt vertauscht, wo sich das “Alte Landhaus” seither befindet (Maria-Theresien-Strasse 43).

German-English translation:

First Office Building of the Tyrolean Provincial Assembly

This building was probably formed from two town houses; this house in 1536 was known as "At the Golden Angel", and was purchased in 1613 by the "Tyrolean Estate Council" as their first office building. This was necessary because Innsbruck, since 1420 the the residence of Tyrolean princes - had gradually come to be the exclusive seat of the Tyrolean Landtag (State Assembly), and for the Tyrolean Estate Council, respectively. Soon found to be too small, in 1666 this house in the Old Town exchanged roles with
First Official Home of the Tyrolean Estates (Country) Marker image. Click for full size.
By Barry Swackhamer, July 14, 2013
2. First Official Home of the Tyrolean Estates (Country) Marker
one in the New Town, where the "Old Assembly House" has since been located (Maria Theresa Strasse 43).
 
Erected by Stadt Innsbruck (City of Innsbruck).
 
Location. 47° 16.07′ N, 11° 23.608′ E. Marker is in Innsbruck, Tyrol. Marker is on Herzog-Friedrich-Straße, on the right when traveling north. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: Herzog-Friedrich-Straße 29, Innsbruck, Tyrol 6020, Austria.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Leopold Mozart (a few steps from this marker); The Trautson House (a few steps from this marker); Magistrate Zeller's House (within shouting distance of this marker); Katzunghaus (within shouting distance of this marker); The Old City Hall / City Tower (within shouting distance of this marker); Bederlunger House (within shouting distance of this marker); Hölblinghaus (within shouting distance of this marker); Gumpp House (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line). Click for a list of all markers in Innsbruck.
 
Categories. Government
 
 
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 429 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on , by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement