Near Angels Camp in Calaveras County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
[The James H. Carson marker is below that shown in the picture. Please see other nearby markers for more information]
Erected 1949 by California Centennial Commission with base furnished by Angels Camp Lions Club. (Marker Number 274.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the California Historical Landmarks marker series.
Location. 38° 1.659′ N, 120° 30.4′ W. Marker is near Angels Camp, California, in Calaveras County. Marker is on State Highway 49 3.7 miles south of State Highway 4, on the left when traveling south. Click for map. Marker is 3.7 miles south of Angels Camp at entrance to Carson Hill Mine. Marker is in this post office area: Angels Camp CA 95222, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Archie Stevenot (here, next to this marker); James H. Carson (here, next to this marker); Robinson's Ferry Archie D. Stevenot (approx. 1.3 miles away); The Story Under the Lake (approx. 1.9 miles away); Mark Twain Cabin (approx. 2.5 miles away); a different marker also named Mark Twain Cabin (approx. 2.5 miles away); Parrott’s Ferry (approx. 2.9 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Angels Camp.
Categories. • Notable Persons • Notable Places • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Richard Wisehart of Sonora, California. This page has been viewed 2,191 times since then and 24 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Richard Wisehart of Sonora, California. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.