Merion Station in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Merion Friends Meeting
—One of the oldest places of worship in the Nation —
Continuously used since its erection in 1695 by Quakers, this Meeting House is thought to have been visited by William Penn. Welsh carpenters are believed responsible for its highly unusual cruciform architecture.
Erected by Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission.
Location. 40° 0.576′ N, 75° 15.307′ W. Marker is in Merion Station, Pennsylvania, in Montgomery County. Marker is at the intersection of Meeting House Lane and Montgomery Avenue, on the right when traveling west on Meeting House Lane. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Merion Station PA 19066, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Washington's Army Encampment (within shouting distance of this marker); Merion Friends Meeting House (within shouting distance of this marker); Philadelphia and Columbia Railway (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Early Tavern (about 600 feet away); John Dickinson (approx. 0.2 miles away); James A. Bland (approx. 0.8 miles away); Wilt Chamberlain (1936-1999) (approx. 2.1 miles away); Philadelphia & Columbia Railroad (approx. 2.3 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Merion Station.
Categories. • Abolition & Underground RR • Churches, Etc. • Colonial Era • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Keith S Smith of West Chester, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 246 times since then and 47 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on , by Keith S Smith of West Chester, Pennsylvania. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.