Canal Fulton in Stark County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Ohio and Erie Canal
Erected 1965 by The Ohio Historical Society and Division of Wildlife, Ohio Department of Natural Resources. (Marker Number 1-76.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Ohio and Erie Canal, and the Ohio Historical Society / The Ohio History Connection marker series.
Location. 40° 52.657′ N, 81° 35.021′ W. Marker is in Canal Fulton, Ohio, in Stark County. Marker can be reached from Erie Avenue NW 0.1 miles east of Millfield Road NW. Click for map. Located in Lock 4 Canal Park near the gazebo. Marker is in this post office area: Canal Fulton OH 44614, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Nobles Pond (approx. 5.5 miles away); The Little Steel Strike of 1937 (approx. 6.5 miles away); Young People's Christian Association Lillian Gish (1893-1993) & Dorothy Gish (1898-1968) (approx. 6.5 miles away); Central Firehouse Fire Alarm Bell (approx. 6.5 miles away); Football Pioneer Paul E. Brown (approx. 7.3 miles away); Private William R. Richardson (approx. 7.9 miles away); Robert Pinn (approx. 7.9 miles away).
Also see . . . Welcome to the Ohio and Erie Canalway. (Submitted on September 15, 2013, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Railroads & Streetcars • Waterways & Vessels •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 331 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. submitted on , by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.