Santa Clara in Santa Clara County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
The Santa Clara Interlocking Control Tower
The General Railway Signal Co. Model 2 unit, lever type interlocking machine on the upper floor, operated the many switches and signals that controlled railway traffic from the Peninsula line ‘from San Francisco’ and the Mulford line ‘from Oakland.’ The out buildings, the tool shed and the speeder shed, were used to store track inspectors car and tools.
“Right Wrongs Nobody”
Separate plaque below:
Erected 2013 by E Clampus Vitus, Mountain Charlie Chapter 1850.
Marker series. This marker is included in the E Clampus Vitus marker series.
Location. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 471 Benton Street, Santa Clara CA 95050, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Santa Clara Tower (here, next to this marker); Santa Clara Depot (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); a different marker also named Santa Clara Depot (about 600 feet away); Santa Clara Mission (about 600 feet away); Santa Clara Women’s Club Adobe (approx. 0.2 miles away); Mission Santa Clara (approx. 0.3 miles away); S.E.S. (approx. 0.4 miles away); Parade of Champions (approx. 0.4 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Santa Clara.
Also see . . . The Santa Clara Tower. The South Bay Historical Railroad Society's (SBHRS) collection of photos of the tower. (Submitted on October 16, 2013.)
Categories. • Railroads & Streetcars •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 265 times since then and 21 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.