Leander in Williamson County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Erected 1936 by Texas Highway Department. (Marker Number 9368.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments marker series.
Location. 30° 34.606′ N, 97° 51.131′ W. Marker is in Leander, Texas, in Williamson County. Marker is on North Bell Boulevard (Business U.S. 183), on the right when traveling north. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 211 South Hwy 183, Leander TX 78641, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within one mile of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Leander (here, next to this marker); Leanderthal Lady (a few steps from this marker); Leander United Methodist Church (approx. Leander Presbyterian Church (approx. ¼ mile away); Leander Schools (approx. ¼ mile away); Pickle-Mason House (approx. 0.6 miles away); Norton Moses Lodge No. 336, A.F. & A.M. (approx. 0.6 miles away); A. S. Mason House (approx. 1.1 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Leander.
Also see . . . Historical marker at actual grave site. This is a link to the historical marker at the actual grave site about 2 miles east of Leander. (Submitted on October 10, 2013, by Richard Denney of Austin, Texas.)
Categories. • Notable Places •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 1,153 times since then and 9 times this year. Last updated on , by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. 3. submitted on , by Richard Denney of Austin, Texas. 4. submitted on , by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.