Wellington in Lyon County, Nevada — The American Mountains (Southwest)
In 1863, Daniel Wellington bought out the interests of Wright and Hamilton and the station became known as "Wellington's". The Wellington Hotel, located about a half mile south of the station, was constructed by wagonmaster Zadok Pierce in 1875. Over the years it has served as a livery stable, freight station, general store and post office.
Erected by Division of Historic Preservation and Archeology and the Groso & Silva families. (Marker Number 74.)
Location. 38° 45.113′ N, 119° 22.23′ W. Marker is in Wellington, Nevada, in Lyon County. Marker is at the intersection of Nevada Route 208 and Wellington Cutoff (Nevada Route 829), on the right when traveling east on State Route 208. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Wellington NV 89444, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 3 other markers are within 16 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Topaz Post Office Coleville (approx. 14.7 miles away in California); Flag on Centennial Bluff (approx. 15.5 miles away in California).
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bruce Armbrust of Gardnerville, Nevada. This page has been viewed 269 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on , by Bruce Armbrust of Gardnerville, Nevada. 2. submitted on , by Bruce Armbrust of Gardnerville, Nevada. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Wide area view of the marker and its surroundings. • Photo of the Wellington Hotel Building. • Can you help?