Upper Fairmount in Somerset County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Saint Stephen's Church Coventry Parish
General Assembly, June, 1751, near
Cottingham's Ferry, Worcester County.
On the same site, a new church,
consecrated by the Right Reverend
William R. Whittingham, Bishop of
Maryland, December, 1849, was
subsequently moved to Upper Fairmont
and used until 1934.
Erected by Maryland Historical Society.
Location. 38° 6.343′ N, 75° 47.597′ W. Marker is in Upper Fairmount, Maryland, in Somerset County. Marker is on Fairmount Road (Maryland Route 361), on the right when traveling west. Click for map. Located about 900 feet west of Upper Hill Road. Marker is in this post office area: Upper Fairmount MD 21867, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Gen. Arnold Elzey C.S.A. (approx. 4.6 miles away); First Site of Washington Academy (approx. 4.8 miles away); "Bloomsbury" (approx. 5.6 miles away); Ye Old St. Peters Methodist Church-Founded 1782 (approx. 6.3 miles away); Searching for Water (approx. 7.2 miles away); Rehoboth Presbyterian Church Cultural Treasures (approx. 8 miles away); Princess Anne Treasures (approx. 8 miles away).
Categories. • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 241 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.