Kansas City in Wyandotte County, Kansas — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
St. Mary's Church
—A Kansas City Kansas Historic Site —
St. Mary's is the oldest Catholic parish in Kansas City, Kansas, established in 1858 as the Mother of God parish at Ninth and Ann Avenue. A second church was built in 1865 on land bought from Mathias Splitlog. The present church was begun in 1890 and dedicated June 21, 1903.
Location. 39° 6.825′ N, 94° 37.295′ W. Marker is in Kansas City, Kansas, in Wyandotte County. Marker is at the intersection of 5th Street and Ann Avenue, on the left when traveling north on 5th Street. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Kansas City KS 66101, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Cruise-Scroggs Mansion (about 800 feet away, measured in a direct line); This Gateway to Kansas (approx. 0.2 miles away); Commissioner Thomas F. Lally (approx. 0.2 miles away); First Baptist Church and First African Methodist Episcopal Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Eliza Burton Conley (approx. ¼ mile away); Helena Conley (approx. ¼ mile away); Veterans Memorial (approx. ¼ mile away); Silas Armstrong (approx. ¼ mile away). Click for a list of all markers in Kansas City.
Also see . . .
1. St. Mary's Church, Kansas City KS. (Submitted on October 17, 2013, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
2. St. Mary-St. Anthony Catholic Church on Facebook (Submitted on October 17, 2013, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Churches, Etc. • Man-Made Features •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 272 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.