Near Ruth in White Pine County, Nevada — The American Mountains (Southwest)
Two miles east of here, near Lane City, was the Elijah, the first mine discovered in the Robinson Mining District. Lane City, originally called Mineral City, was settled in 1869 and had a population of 400. At Mineral City was the Ragsdale Station—a hotel and a stage station.
Erected by State of Nevada. (Marker Number 9.)
Location. Marker has been confirmed missing. It was likely located near 39° 17.015′ N, 114° 57.855′ W. Marker was near Ruth, Nevada, in White Pine County. Marker was at the intersection of U.S. 50 at milepost 61.5 and Nevada Route 267, on the left when traveling west on U.S. 50. Click for map. Marker was in this post office area: Ruth NV 89319, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 3 other markers are within 7 miles of this location, measured as the crow flies. Ely - Forging the Link (approx. Nevada Northern Railway (approx. 5.1 miles away); Jedediah Strong Smith (approx. 6.8 miles away).
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Dawn Bowen of Fredericksburg, Virginia. This page has been viewed 1,115 times since then and 2 times this year. Last updated on , by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Dawn Bowen of Fredericksburg, Virginia. 3, 4, 5. submitted on , by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. 6, 7, 8. submitted on , by Dawn Bowen of Fredericksburg, Virginia. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.