Seaford in Sussex County, Delaware — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Macedonia A.M.E. Church
In 1906, the trustees of Macedonia A.M.E. Church purchased land at this location to serve as a future site for their house of worship. The Front Street church was moved to this site in 1915, and an extensive remodeling project was completed under the administration of Rev. J.J. Moore. Another major renovation and expansion of church facilities was undertaken in 1981. Several annual conferences have been held here. Since its founding on the eve of the Civil War, Macedonia A.M.E. Church has continued to play a vital role in the spiritual life of the community.
Erected 2001 by Delaware Public Archives. (Marker Number SC-147.)
Location. 38° 38.146′ N, 75° 35.319′ W. Marker is in Seaford, Delaware, in Sussex County. Marker is on North Street near Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 431 North Street, Seaford DE 19973, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Seaford (approx. 0.9 miles away); Blades United Methodist Church (approx. 1.1 miles away); Governor William H. H. Ross (approx. 1.2 miles away); St. Luke's Episcopal Church (approx. 1.2 miles away); Forty & Eight Boxcar (approx. 1.3 miles away); Nanticoke Post No. 6 (approx. 1.3 miles away); Mount Olivet United Methodist Church (approx. 1.3 miles away); Old Seaford Post Office (approx. 1.4 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Seaford.
Categories. • African Americans • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 225 times since then and 11 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.