Holden in Millard County, Utah — The American Mountains (Southwest)
Cedar Springs Fort
Richard Johnson and William Stevens, Sr. and families were the pioneers in the spring of 1855, five other families from Fillmore followed in the autumn and assisted in constructing the fort, which was completed in the spring of 1856.
The townsite was surveyed in 1867 by Edwin King and the name Holden adopted in 1869.
Erected 1935 by Cedar Springs Camp, Daughters of Utah Pioneers – East Millard County, Utah. (Marker Number 3.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of Utah Pioneers marker series.
Location. 39° 6.062′ N, 112° 16.12′ W. Marker is in Holden, Utah, in Millard County. Marker is at the intersection of 100 East and 100 North, on the left when traveling east on 100 East. Click for map. Marker is on the northeast corner. Marker is in this post office area: Holden UT 84636, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Heritage Bell (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Holden Fillmore's Adobe Church (approx. 8.9 miles away); Dominguez - Escalante Trail (approx. 8.9 miles away); Capitol (approx. 8.9 miles away); Fillmore Pioneer Fort (approx. 9.6 miles away); Utah’s First Capitol (approx. 9.7 miles away); Land of the Yuta (approx. 9.7 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Holden.
Categories. • Forts, Castles • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 247 times since then and 21 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.