Chicago in Cook County, Illinois — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Second Presbyterian Church
James Renwick, Architect, 1874
—Rebuilt in 1900 by Howard Van Doren Shaw —
Erected by Commission on Chicago Historical and Architectural Landmarks.
Location. 41° 51.346′ N, 87° 37.444′ W. Marker is in Chicago, Illinois, in Cook County. Marker is at the intersection of South Michigan Avenue and East Cullerton Street on South Michigan Avenue. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1936 South Michigan Avenue, Chicago IL 60616, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Henry B. Clarke House (about 800 feet away, measured in a direct line); John J. Glessner House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Wheeler–Kohn House (approx. ¼ mile away); Battle of Fort Dearborn (approx. 0.3 miles away); American Book Company Building (approx. 0.3 miles away); The Platt Luggage Building (approx. 0.3 miles The Nine Dragon Wall in Chicago’s Chinatown (approx. 0.4 miles away); The Blues Trail: Mississippi to Chicago (approx. 0.8 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Chicago.
Categories. • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page originally submitted on . This page has been viewed 295 times since then and 75 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on . • Al Wolf was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.