Englewood in Bergen County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
First Presbyterian Church
Erected by Bergen County Historical Society. (Marker Number 73.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the New Jersey, Bergen County Historical Society marker series.
Location. 40° 53.472′ N, 73° 58.225′ W. Marker is in Englewood, New Jersey, in Bergen County. Marker is on East Palisades Avenue (County Route 505) near Dwight Place, on the left when traveling west. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 150 East Palisades Avenue, Englewood NJ 07631, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. John G. Benson House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Saint Paul’s Episcopal Church (approx. 0.4 miles away); De Mott – Westervelt House (approx. 0.6 miles away); Liberty Pole Liberty Pole (approx. 0.6 miles away); Brookside Chapel (approx. 1.1 miles away); Van Horne’s Grist Mill (approx. 1.4 miles away); Vreeland House (approx. 1.4 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Englewood.
Also see . . .
1. Bergen County Historical Society Historic Site Markers. (Submitted on April 8, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
2. Official History of First Presbyterian Church in Englewood. The City of Englewood "... was the vision of J. Wyman Jones, also a founder of the First Presbyterian Church, who filed the map of the proposed subdivision in the Bergen County Clerk's office in Hackensack on August 15, 1859." (Submitted on April 9, 2008, by Kevin W. of Stafford, Virginia.)
Categories. • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 2,311 times since then and 163 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.