Buffalo Lake in Renville County, Minnesota — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
Buﬀalo Lake Tornado
Location. 44° 44.299′ N, 94° 37.076′ W. Marker is in Buffalo Lake, Minnesota, in Renville County. Marker is at the intersection of 2nd Street Northwest (County Highway 8) and West Church Avenue, on the right when traveling north on 2nd Street Northwest. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Buffalo Lake MN 55314, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 2 other markers are within 17 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Veterans Memorial (approx. 0.3 miles away); Dalton Johnson Wildlife Area
Also see . . .
1. Tornado thrashes Buffalo Lake. Minnesota Public Radio. (Submitted on November 9, 2013.)
2. Tornado pummels small Minnesota town. Cable News Network. (Submitted on November 9, 2013.)
3. Buffalo Lake remembers. Hutchinson Leader 2013 article. (Submitted on November 9, 2013.)
4. Buffalo Lake, Minnesota. History. "Buffalo Lake was a favorite stopping place and watering hole for horse-drawn wagons and U.S. Troops making the trip from Fort Ridgely to Hutchinson. Large herds of buffalo roamed the prairie at the time, hence the city's name..." (Submitted on November 9, 2013.)
5. Buffalo Lake, Minnesota. Wikipedia entry. (Submitted on November 9, 2013.)
Categories. • Disasters •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 281 times since then and 69 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.