Lutherstadt Eisleben in Mansfeld-Südharz District, Saxony-Anhalt, Germany
(nach Zerstörung bei Stadtbrand 1601).
Hier wirkte der geistliche Liederdichter Martin Rinckart 1610/11.
1883 Umzug des Königlich-Preußischen Gymnasiums in das neue Schulgebäude am Schloßplatz.
Built 1563-1564 as "Fürnehme Latin School" due to the "Luther Contract" (1546), rebuilt in 1604
(after destruction in 1601 city fire).
The spiritual hymn writer Martin Rinckart worked here 1610/11.
1883 Relocation of the Royal Prussian School in the new school building on Schloßplatz.
Location. 51° 31.724′ N, 11° 32.675′ E. Marker is in Lutherstadt Eisleben, Saxony-Anhalt, in Mansfeld-Südharz District. Marker is on Andreaskirchplatz, on the right when traveling west. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: Andreaskirchplatz 10, Lutherstadt Eisleben, Saxony-Anhalt 06295, Germany.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Martin Luther Quotes (within shouting distance of this marker); Martin Luther Death House (within shouting distance of this marker); Residence of Richard Wagner City Seat of the Counts of Mansfeld-Hinterort (about 90 meters away); a different marker also named Residence of Richard Wagner (about 120 meters away); Martin Luther (about 120 meters away); The Eisleber Mining School in the Katharinenstift 1817 - 1844 (about 150 meters away); Markt 54 Birthplace of Alwin Sörgel (about 150 meters away). Click for a list of all markers in Lutherstadt Eisleben.
Also see . . .
1. Martin Rinckart (Hymn-Writer). (Submitted on November 19, 2013, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
2. Martin Rinckart, 1586-1649. (Submitted on November 19, 2013, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Education • Man-Made Features •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 378 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.