Anderson in Shasta County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Anderson Historic Fire Station
Initial firefighting equipment included twelve buckets, four axes, three sections of hose and a hand drawn hose cart. The first motorized fire equipment purchased for the station was a 1924 Dodge chemical truck, which was sold for scrap for the war effort in 1943. This was replaced by the 1941 and 1946 Van Pelt trucks, which are still housed in the station.
Location. 40° 27.012′ N, 122° 18.005′ W. Marker is in Anderson, California, in Shasta County. Marker is at the intersection of East Center Street and Ferry Street on East Center Street. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2964 East Center Street, Anderson CA 96007, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Masonic Lodge (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Flume (approx. 0.6 miles away); California – Oregon Road (approx. 1.7 miles away); Fort Reading. (approx. 4.1 miles away); Reading Adobe (approx. 5.5 miles away); Clear Creek Balls Ferry (approx. 6.1 miles away); Site of Reading Adobe (approx. 6.6 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Anderson.
Categories. • Charity & Public Work • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 314 times since then and 78 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.