Wilson in Niagara County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
First School House
Erected by Wilson Historical Society.
Location. 43° 18.593′ N, 78° 49.563′ W. Marker is in Wilson, New York, in Niagara County. Marker is at the intersection of Lake Street (New York State Route 425) and Young Street, on the right when traveling north on Lake Street. Click for map. Both markers for this site are just before the traffic light. Marker is at or near this postal address: 300 Lake Street, Wilson NY 14172, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Lake Street and Young Street (here, next to this marker); Pettit Street and Chestnut Street (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Wilson Collegiate Institute 1845 (approx. 0.2 miles away); Tabor Bridge (approx. ¼ mile away); Site of Log House Built in 1818 by Reuben Wilson (approx. ¼ mile away); Corner of Pettit and Bay Street (approx. 0.3 miles away); Greenwood Cemetery (approx. 0.3 miles away); Park and Harbor Streets (approx. 0.4 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Wilson.
Regarding First School House. The log schoolhouse was the first in the present Village of Wilson.
Also see . . .
1. Wilson Historical Society. (Submitted on November 29, 2013, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.)
2. Cobblestone Society Museum. Information about cobblestone structures (Submitted on November 29, 2013, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.)
Additional keywords. cobblestone
Categories. • Education • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 281 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. 4. submitted on , by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.