Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Williamston in Martin County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
 

Skewarkey Church

 
 
Skewarkey Church Marker image. Click for full size.
By Don Morfe, September 27, 2013
1. Skewarkey Church Marker
Inscription. Baptist congregation formed about 1780. Primitive Baptist since 1830's. Church here was built in 1853.
 
Erected 1960 by Archives and Highway Departments. (Marker Number B 40.)
 
Location. 35° 50.415′ N, 77° 3.86′ W. Marker is in Williamston, North Carolina, in Martin County. Marker is on Washington Street (U.S. 17) 0.1 miles south of West Boulevard (North Carolina Route 125), on the right when traveling south. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Williamston NC 27892, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 13 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Skewarkee Primitive Baptist Church (a few steps from this marker); Asa Biggs House (approx. 1.2 miles away); Roanoke River (approx. 2 miles away); Fort Branch (approx. 8.5 miles away); a different marker also named Fort Branch (approx. 9.8 miles away); Eden House Root Cellar (approx. 12.5 miles away); Roanoke/Cashie River Center Grave Site (approx. 12.5 miles away); Wellington and Powell Railroad (approx. 12.5 miles away).
 
Categories. Churches, Etc.
 
Skewarkey Church Marker image. Click for full size.
By Don Morfe, September 27, 2013
2. Skewarkey Church Marker
 
 
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. This page has been viewed 236 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on , by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement