Walterboro in Colleton County, South Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
—Colleton County , South Carolina —
To those who fought and lived
To those who fought and died
To those who gave much
And to those who gave all
To the mothers, wives, sisters and daughters of Colleton County Who fought the home battles of 1861-1865.
Erected 1911 by United Confederate Veterans.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Sons of Confederate Veterans/United Confederate Veterans marker series.
Location. 32° 54.139′ N, 80° 40.002′ W. Marker is in Walterboro, South Carolina, in Colleton County. Marker is on Hampton Street, on the left. Click for map. On the front lawn of Colleton County Courthouse. Marker is in this post office area: Walterboro SC 29488, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Colleton County Courthouse (within shouting distance of this marker); Walterboro (within shouting distance of this marker); Colleton County Veterans War Memorial (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Walterboro Jail (about 500 feet away); Walterborough Academy Walterborough Library Society (approx. 0.4 miles away); Hickory Valley (approx. half a mile away); Bethel Presbyterian Church (approx. half a mile away). Click for a list of all markers in Walterboro.
Also see . . . This monument's information from the Smithsonian Institution Research Information Syste. (Submitted on March 17, 2009, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.)
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 1,195 times since then and 22 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.