Hamilton in Hamilton County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Organized Sept. 5, 1880, by Rev. John A. McMurray, evangelist of Central Texas Presbytery.
Its building of early 1880s was first frame church erected in Hamilton; used by other faiths on Sunday evenings for years.
Charter members included W. T. Cropper, Mr. and Mrs. A. J. Foster, Mr. and Mrs. R. C. Howard, Andrew Miller and D. L. Reynolds. Other early members were Robt. Miller and Mrs. Tom Brunk, Mrs. Jane Roddy and Mrs. Mary Taylor.
The church was moved intact from original site at 119 South College Avenue; was incorporated in this new structure, 1947.
Erected 1967 by Texas Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 4113.)
Location. 31° 42.506′ N, 98° 7.314′ W. Marker is in Hamilton, Texas, in Hamilton County. Marker is at the intersection of North Rice Avenue (U.S. 281) and East Whitney Street, on the left when traveling south on North Rice Avenue. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 500 N Rice Ave, Hamilton TX 76531, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 3 other markers are within 14 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Hamilton County, C.S.A. United Methodist Church of Fairy (approx. 12.7 miles away); Site of the Ireland School (approx. 13.2 miles away).
Additional keywords. ecclesiastical
Categories. • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by QuesterMark of Fort Worth, Texas. This page has been viewed 375 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by QuesterMark of Fort Worth, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.