Derry-Londonderry in County Londonderry, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
City of London
Bore 4.25" - Length 120"
One of a pair sent to the city
in May-June 1642 by the
Worshipful Company of Merchant Taylors.
Probably cast by John Browne at one of his works in Kent.
Location. 54° 59.603′ N, 7° 19.404′ W. Marker is in Derry-Londonderry, Northern Ireland, in County Londonderry. Click for map. Marker and cannon are on the Church Bastion of the City Wall, about 40 meters south of St Columb's Cathedral. Marker is in this post office area: Derry-Londonderry, Northern Ireland BT48 6RQ, United Kingdom.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. A different marker also named Demi-culverin Cannon (a few steps from this marker); Church Bastion (a few steps from this marker); St Columb's Cathedral (within shouting distance of this marker); The Walled City (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line); Bishop's Gate (about 90 meters away); a different marker also named Bishop's Gate (about 90 meters away); New Gate (about 120 meters away); Double Bastion (about 150 meters away). Click for a list of all markers in Derry-Londonderry.
Also see . . .
1. Demi-culverin Cannon (Submitted on January 1, 2014, by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas.)
2. Ordnance at the end of the Elizabethan Age. (Submitted on January 1, 2014, by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas.)
Categories. • Forts, Castles • Man-Made Features •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. This page has been viewed 299 times since then and 102 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.