Gramercy in Saint James Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)
Sponsored by Stonewall Jackson Chapter No. 1135, United Daughters of the Confederacy
Erected 1968 by Louisiana Tourist Development Commission.
Marker series. This marker is included in the United Daughters of the Confederacy marker series.
Location. 30° 2.543′ N, 90° 41.258′ W. Marker is in Gramercy, Louisiana, in Saint James Parish. Marker is at the intersection of East Jefferson Highway (Louisiana Route 44) and Ellis Street, on the right when traveling east on East Jefferson Highway. Click for map. Located at the foot of the Mississippi River levee. Marker is at or near this postal address: 111 LA-44, Gramercy LA 70052, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Lutcher (approx. half a mile away); Colonial Sugars Refinery (approx. 0.6 miles away); Lutcher United Methodist Church (approx. 0.7 miles away); Golden Grove Plantation Bourgeois Homeplace / Site Familial des Bourgeois (approx. 3.5 miles away); "Vacherie de Grande Pointe" (approx. 3.6 miles away); Colonel Leopold L. Armant (approx. 3.8 miles away); "Le Petit Versailles" (approx. 4.7 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Gramercy.
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Mike Waldon of Lafayette, Louisiana. This page has been viewed 270 times since then and 71 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on , by Mike Waldon of Lafayette, Louisiana. 2, 3. submitted on , by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.