Blue Springs in Barbour County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
Pea River Electric Membership Corporation
Rural members of Barbour, Dale and Henry counties gathered on this bridge to witness the beginning of electric service into their rural areas when 301 homes and businesses received power for the first time. The organizing directors were S.K. Adams, J.G. Sanders, Lloyd Smith, J.Y. Johnston, L.A. Pitts, R. W. Ward, and H.J. Thompson. Corporation attorney was P. C. Clayton; manager was A.B. Robertson, Sr. The co-opís name was changed to the Pea River Electric Cooperative on June 10, 1940.
Erected 1985 by the Pea River Electric Cooperative Inc.
Location. 31° 39.83′ N, 85° 30.333′ W. Marker is in Blue Springs, Alabama, in Barbour County. Marker is on Alabama Route 10 ľ mile west of County Road 41, on the right when traveling west. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2571 Alabama 10, Clio AL 36017, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Blue Springs School 1920-1969 (approx. one mile away); Peniel Baptist Church Barbour County High School (approx. 7 miles away); Mount Enon Primitive Baptist Church (approx. 7.7 miles away); Barbour County's "Little Scotland"/Pea River Presbyterian Church (approx. 7.7 miles away); Union Presbyterian Church/Founders and Early Pastors (approx. 8.6 miles away); The Old County Court House (approx. 9 miles away); Louisville (approx. 9 miles away).
Categories. • Bridges & Viaducts • Industry & Commerce • Waterways & Vessels •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 422 times since then and 143 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.