San Angelo in Tom Green County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
San Angelo, Texas
Made possible by funds raised from the first West Texas Regional Domino Tournament.
Originated, organized and chaired by
Dal De Wees
[Historical nature of mural is understood, however, it's the marker that provides context for how the mural was created]
Erected 2003 by Historic Murals of San Angelo, Inc.
Location. 31° 27.652′ N, 100° 26.047′ W. Marker is in San Angelo, Texas, in Tom Green County. Marker is on Oakes Street north of Concho Avenue, on the left when traveling south. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 215 South Oakes Street, San Angelo TX 76903, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Fort Concho (within shouting distance of this marker); San Angelo Army Air Field (within shouting distance of this marker); Goodfellow Air Force Base (within shouting distance of this marker); The Schwartz & Raas and San Angelo National Bank Building (within shouting distance of this marker); O.C. Fisher Federal Building and United States Courthouse San Angelo Lodge No. 570, A.F.&A.M. (about 400 feet away); 1 East Twohig Avenue (about 500 feet away); South Chadbourne 200 Block Early 1900's (about 600 feet away). Click for a list of all markers in San Angelo.
Also see . . . The Blacksmith Mural at Historic Murals of San Angelo. (Submitted on February 22, 2014, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Charity & Public Work • Industry & Commerce • Man-Made Features • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 258 times since then and 69 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. 4. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.