San Angelo in Tom Green County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Donated by M. Koenigheim for San Angelo's first school, this site later became the home of L. Schwartz & Co., a mercantile store. Local Architect Oscar Ruffini designed the structure, which was built by P.A. Williams in 1903. The San Angelo Club, a gentleman's social organization, occupied the second floor for several years. The building also housed Baker-Hemphill & Co., and J.C. Penney Co. The structure was purchased in 1994 by Dale and Joyce Chadwick and became the home of Myers Drug in 2000.
Location. 31° 27.758′ N, 100° 26.217′ W. Marker is in San Angelo, Texas, in Tom Green County. Marker is at the intersection of Beauregard Avenue and Chadbourne Street, on the right when traveling west on Beauregard Avenue. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 29 South Chadbourne Street, San Angelo TX 76903, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Myers Drug (here, next to this marker); J. J. Rackley Building (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Elmer Kelton Memorial Mural (about 400 feet away); First United Methodist Church of San Angelo (about 500 feet away); Sacred Heart Catholic Church John Yellott Rust (about 500 feet away); San Angelo National Bank Building (about 600 feet away); Veterans Memorial (about 600 feet away). Click for a list of all markers in San Angelo.
Also see . . . Myers Drug: About Us. (Submitted on February 27, 2014, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 258 times since then and 22 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page was last revised on September 16, 2016.