San Angelo in Tom Green County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
C. Russell Myers came to San Angelo in 1926 as manager of El Cos Drug, located at 26 S. Chadbourne. In 1934, Myers purchased the business and changed the name to Myers Drugs. The store moved to a new location at 22 S. Chadbourne in 1959. In 1976, Dale and Joyce Chadwick purchased Myers Drug, relocated to 29 S. Chadbourne in 2000. In 2006 Myers Drug was purchased by Doug and Melissa Chadwick. In 2008 Mike and Kathy Chadwick became partners in Myers Drug.
Location. 31° 27.758′ N, 100° 26.217′ W. Marker is in San Angelo, Texas, in Tom Green County. Marker is at the intersection of Beauregard Avenue and Chadbourne Street, on the right when traveling west on Beauregard Avenue. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 29 South Chadbourne Street, San Angelo TX 76903, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Chadwick Building (here, next to this marker); J. J. Rackley Building (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Elmer Kelton Memorial Mural (about 400 feet away); First United Methodist Church of San Angelo (about 500 feet away); Sacred Heart Catholic Church John Yellott Rust (about 500 feet away); San Angelo National Bank Building (about 600 feet away); Veterans Memorial (about 600 feet away). Click for a list of all markers in San Angelo.
Also see . . . Myers Drug: About Us. (Submitted on February 27, 2014, by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas.)
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Man-Made Features • Science & Medicine •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. This page has been viewed 214 times since then and 50 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.