Pensacola in Escambia County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
Fort San Bernardo
Erected 1956 by the J.C Penney Company.
Location. 30° 25.474′ N, 87° 13.259′ W. Marker is in Pensacola, Florida, in Escambia County. Marker is at the intersection of North Spring Street and West Brainerd Street, on the left when traveling north on North Spring Street. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1124 North Spring Street, Pensacola FL 32501, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. North Hill Preservation District (approx. 0.2 miles away); Original Site of Pensacola Junior College (approx. 0.4 miles away); Our Confederate Dead (approx. 0.4 miles away); Fort George (approx. 0.4 miles away); Battle of Pensacola Christ Episcopal Church (approx. 0.6 miles away); First Methodist Church (approx. 0.6 miles away); Rough Riders (approx. 0.7 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Pensacola.
Also see . . . Pensapedia Wiki entry - Queen's Redoubt. Later called Fort San Bernardo after capture by the Spanish. (Submitted on March 12, 2014, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.)
Categories. • Colonial Era • Forts, Castles •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 418 times since then and 41 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.