Galt in Sacramento County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Don Ray Building
Galt Area Historical Site Marker
Erected 2013 by Galt Area Historical Society and City of Galt. (Marker Number 11.)
Location. 38° 15.131′ N, 121° 18.323′ W. Marker is in Galt, California, in Sacramento County. Marker is at the intersection of C Street and 4th Street on C Street. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 303 4th Street, Galt CA 95632, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. George A. Lippi / Joseph F. Smith (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Galt Water Tower (about 600 feet away); St. Luke's Episcopal Church (about 700 feet away); San Joaquin Valley College (approx. 7.1 miles away); Salem School Bell (approx. 7.4 miles away); City Hall, Fire House and Jail (approx. 8.3 miles away); Woman's Club of Lodi (approx. 8.3 miles away); Laura de Force Gordon (approx. 8.3 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Galt.
1. From The Galt Herald - June 5, 2013
The Don Ray building housed the Granados Bros. Barber Shop, Galt Post Office (at the corner of C Street and the alley), the L-shaped
If only the walls could talk, they would say we have known the upstairs as a dentistís office and, on the east side, a large room was used for Masonic Lodge meetings and, in later years, frequently used for whist parties.
The Bank of Galt closed, and Stenstrum Realtors moved in from 1940-1950, followed by Farmers and Merchants Bank until it moved eastward as the city moved that way. The building was remodeled again and became a pizza parlor, and now an upscale beauty salon occupies the former bank area.
— Submitted March 15, 2014.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. This page has been viewed 354 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.